Skip to main content

Still life on photography











The first eight of the photographs above are taken with studio lighting and the last two with natural light. I wanted to include small details about myself within these still lifes. I collect old magazines, yearbooks, and generally enjoy antiques. So, I thought incorporating some old year books and the signature pages within them could make my photos more compelling. Part of the reason I enjoy using old material is for the history behind it. I think the idea of old memories being repurposed and recycled for art is such a strong concept. 

In the bottom two I used my own camera prop. My sister found this old Tone camera a few years back and I adore it. Tone cameras are very small hit-type camera from Japan that came out in 1948. It's not functioning, but it's still an interesting piece that I enjoy. I also incorporated some Polaroids of me and my friends.

Comments